Activation is a simple process where you submit a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) to the Certificate Authority. CSR and web server’s type information can be provided by the web hosting company your domain is hosted with.
(!)Important: In accordance with Comodo Certificate Authority policy change, starting from December 20, 2010, SSL Certificates can be issued using keys at least 2048-bit.
The activation is pretty simple. Please follow the steps below to start the activation process:
- Log in to your SSLs account;
- Click on a small arrow on the top black bar with your username -> choose the 'Purchased certs' section from the drop-down menu or simply click on your email address in the top bar;
- Click on the 'Certificate status' button next to the purchased cert and choose ‘Activate’;
- Enter the CSR code and click ‘Read my CSR’;
- Choose the web server type you use whether Windows/Java Tomcat server or any other server (ex. Apache) from two given options and click on ‘Looks good, onward’;
If you receive an error message regarding the CSR code parsing or Invalid CSR code, please check a related article.
- Check the domains (SANs) that will be secured by SSL and click ‘Onward’ (otherwise, regenerate the CSR according to prompt messages and start the process again);
- Choose the preferred way of validation: Upload a file (if you are not able to use any of the emails for validation) or Receive an email (choose email address from the list) and click ‘Got it,onward’;
- Confirm/specify administrative details and click ‘Onward’;
The details which should be entered are:
- First/Last name;
- SSL Admin contact;
- Phone number;
- Fax number;
- Zip code;
- Company name;
- Job Title.
OV and EV certificate will also have separate fields for the company details and/or information for callback verification.
The activation steps are done. You should receive an approval email within 10-15 minutes to the related email address. After email-based validation is completed, the Certificate will be issued and sent to the administrative email address. If you do not receive the certificate, but its status is changed to 'Active', you will be able to download the Certificate from your account. Please check instruction on this matter here: Can I download certificate somewhere on your site.
Please note that the SSL certificate installation requires a dedicated IP address to be assigned to your domain name. In case SNI Technology is available on your server, the certificate can be installed on a shared IP address - please check this with your hosting company.